Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE) is a one day course that will allow you to understand the use of RPE as it relates to atmospheric hazards in the workplace. This course will identify Occupational Health and Safety regulations related to RPE, the different types of RPE, hazard assessments and controls to determine the proper type of RPE that is required. There will also be practical exercises on inspecting, donning and doffing and emergency egress procedures.
- Why Respiratory Protective Equipment?
- Respiratory Protection Program
- Hazard Assessment
- Responsibilities (Employer, Worker)
- Existence of Imminent Danger
- Training Requirements
- Identification of Hazardous Atmospheres
- Air Purifying Respirators (APR)
- Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Supplied Air Breathing Apparatus (SABA)
- Quality of Breathing Air
- Fit Testing Requirements
Appropriate clothing and footwear is recommended.
Duration: 4 to 6 hours
Participation Maximum: 18
Expiry: 3 years